The Best Sports Nutritionist in London | London Sports Nutritionist Steve Hines



hi there of course of action pictures being fitness and today I'm interviewing london sports nutritionist state homes was to be my brother welcome this morning state good morning I ate number I sell and onto about quite a few questions said or you the first although what in your opinion is the biggest nutrition mistake athletes make okay I'll watch say from the consultations are done over the last few years the biggest mistake of a summation is making poor choices for breakfast now then as it usually very care they usually make good choices because Talia home and lunches on to Bobst but breakfast is probably the worst me oh I see people eat and it's because where I they're educated through mass media to re sugar loaded cereals or athletes in particular are educator eat lots of carbohydrates and therefore there educated 3 sugary cereals toast and jam in motions and juice for breakfast now there are times where you might want to be like that but on the whole are tried to coach people to make much better breakfast choices such as Ian more protein and healthy fats and healthier carbohydrates may have been away from sugar loaded breakfast cereals to slightly better seems like porridge im usually eating X on tires for instance instead of jobs are Bass Pro great GE biggest nutritionist I can I see at least Mike look at most very interested okay that question tell us about Cooper loading oh why it's appropriate okay call bloating is concept that came out of 17 universities and American sweet and twenty or thirty years ago I believe and it's away all promoting at least to have much more showgirl she all and muscles up before going into from I mean and events now carbohydrate loading is only really appropriate fall she endurance events longer than 90 minutes she to rule out pretty much all team games and Shore Events specifically source only really appropriate or endurance events such as are going Shola Ama half marathon a marathon a triathlon so it real hard reloading industry censored only be appropriate in those cases okay Co Maxwell watched it athletes do when they finish training and games okay so the first thing I can do immediately post training in games is to drink a protein shake now this can be in the form all something like chocolate milkshake if you're on a tight budget or issue your more serious AFLCI are you can guess specifically blended protein shakes from I am your supplement companies so that would be the first thing to do with an initial first 30 minutes just finishing exercise and these protein shakes to generate all protein in demand and sugar as well and that will help to restock your muscle with sugar and it will provide some proteins your muscles to start preparing themselves and then within about two hours after finishing you're trying to win games you probably want to be looking at aging a solid meal now that would be enough for much source of protein like chicken or fish some vegetables it's one thing only churches around the world will agree on is that people down eat enough vegetables so it's important to get fresh wasn't your meals and then after you're trying to inject water source of carbohydrate such as some raw I saw some potatoes well she passed are getting to restock your muscles with with guard Jenna and to refuel your body for the next training session or gang ok I 0 well as a question I get a lot from oh I'm sorry george the long-distance athletes earn walkout which do to make sure that they are properly hydrated okay so while the simplest thing I think you can do is make sure that drinkin enough water so even I am in a very short amount of activity and I in a cool climatic you can still sweat significantly and and loose a anywhere up to 42 percent have your your body weight through research when if you use anything greater than 2 percent of your body weight which way will significantly I affect your performance negatively affect your performance so one really simple tips that you can do to make sure your hydrated is to weigh yourself for your training or your activity and to weigh yourself at the end I'm sure every kilogram of body weight you've lost you drink 1.5 liters of fluid so issue weigh yourself pre-training your 80 kilos anyway yourself post-training a seventy eight kilos you need to drink three liters of fluid doesn't mean you need to drink immediately I have to train and you'd wanna drink that a mouse trade over the next few hours up to make sure that your body is rehydrated and it's probably best that you add a pinch of salt with that really tough so that you can ease can absorb the water if you just drink pure water ill create some a chemical reaction your body which means you pay out that water and you become more dehydrated so for every liter water you drink a pinch of salt on that will help your body absorb the water ok but wasn't brilliant said of possible so Mark Collins follow question well visual novel all sports supplement ok I won't my philosophy is to always have a healthy athlete before thinking about sports nutritionist in london and there'll also different supplements out that such as branched chain amino acids and Peter Allen in creating but I don't think that you should think about taking no supplements and show you ensure that you're actually a healthy person and my number one sports supplement my number one shopping in general is to take a multivitamin and mineral now we don't get the same density of nutrients in our shared that we did fifty to a hundred years ago actually because after comes from all over the world is picked on right it's grown in soil that isn't as dense in new chances it was fifty to a hundred years ago so even though I get most of my attorney church from Austria we don't quite get all of them arms athletes in particular but not lots more that Simmons and minerals than your average person so they need to get slightly more than that in nashville food and from supplemental homes so I would suggest takin just wanna die I don't multivitamin and mineral ok I was very instantly also most people were expecting the very very valuable to of Pfizer thanks for joining us today stay okay I'm anybody I would like to on a little bit more about what state does and I'm find out so about how to hire in the sums it all up in this video out his website as below these videos new rates checkouts and a home thanks again up the state join us I we hope you enjoy this edition tonight